View Single Post
Old 29 May 2017, 05:49 (Ref:3737040)   #7
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
The idea that Rowland was favoured or has had an easy time is laughable.
Who said he's had an easy time? He drove for Status, then MP Motorsport. Not exactly top teams. Though he's with a top team now.

Quote:
You should be more positive that a poor team gave Stanaway yet another career lifeline until they could find a driver with some budget.
Stanaway well and truly showed he deserved the drive. Obviously someone at Status saw he had talent.

Quote:
De Vries has never even done F3.
The lower formula series where he and Cassidy were team mates is what was relevant, not the series. And it's probably the least most important point out of my post. You can just look it up on Wikipedia if you weren't sure what series it was and really had know (Eurocup 2.0).

Quote:
Deletraz, assuming you are serious, I don't know anyone who seriously expected any performance other than financial from him...
Don't know what budget he brings (sounds like you do?) and I don't watch much of WSR so I didn't see his actual performances last year.

But going by his previous seasons he won the NEC in 2015 (after being 2nd in 2014), narrowly missed out on 2.0 the same year finishing 2nd. If he'd won both that same year that would have been quite an achievement.

Then like I said replaced Rowland in the main series and finished 2nd in 2016. He was actually leading the points until the final race. This against mostly year 2 drivers, except Dillman the champ who has about 10 years car racing experience on all those guys that year and should have creamed them.

Deletraz left Fittipaldi his team mate a long way behind.

So yes I am actually serious when I expected him to not be consistently last for a team that's regularly contested for wins the last few seasons. I'm not expecting him to be winning regularly, but he's one of those in the field standing out as under performing hence something to discuss.