View Single Post
Old 20 Jul 2012, 11:19 (Ref:3108991)   #2409
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
I have chosen the highlights in the past over watching live on Sky but not out of loyalty or to place myself on a moral high ground. I've made no secret I am not happy about the situation. Watching delayed is not a new thing for me. I'm married and usually rather busy ay weekends and sitting in front of the tv is usually low on my list of priorities. I used to record the races in full and watch them in the evening. I have got pretty good at avoiding the result over the years. It you don't know who won or what happen, the experience is still exactly the same. As you say there will be a couple of million people in the same boat as me this weekend.
You are most certainly not alone here. Like you, despite being a huge fan of MotorSport I cannot afford the luxury of sitting down in the middle of a busy Sunday to 'Just watch some cars driving around and around' (to paraphrase how other family members view our sport!).
For the same reasons, I would not be able to afford the time to watch the many hours of build up (and aftermath), or the previous races and Legends programs that are also apparently shown on the dedicated Grand Prix channel. So unless Grand Prix racing remains on free to air transmissions, even if it means that the races aren't shown live (which is what used to happen on the BBC anyway when I was younger), I'll not be able to watch it anymore...