View Single Post
Old 12 Mar 2007, 14:06 (Ref:1864667)   #248
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan
Question is how much Stewart benefited from those Busch Series races, especially since the differences in cars and tires were considerably bigger back in 1998/1999 than they are these days (for example both series' ran the exact same tire at Vegas this weekend).

So, no, at least I did in no way forget about Stewart's Busch Series starts - I just didn't put too much weight into them considering his so-so Busch Series results and also said differences.

But if one insists on mixing the two together it's going to even out more or less in the end anyway, since Montoya is running the full Busch schedule alongside the Cup one in 2007, something Stewart did not do in 1999 (he actually didn't make a single Busch Series start between 1999-2002).

Until then, however, I personally prefer comparing just the Cup stats. They are the ones that really matter, after all.
I agree with the way you are comparing the stats. Otherwise you would have to compare "all" the experience of the drivers.