View Single Post
Old 10 Mar 2018, 12:37 (Ref:3807220)   #192
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
The penny hasn't dropped yet but it eventually will. Since we exterminated the car manufacturing industry, the government not wanting to support it and the consumer not wanting to buy what the domestic industry was offering the future is going to be that we drive what is made for the rest of the world and if that is EV's then so be it and you and I will have no choice or say in it. Hybrids are a passing phase that will in the future be looked on with some curiosity as to why they were ever made. This will take decades of course but it will happen. You can whinge and moan and criticise all you want but it won't change the facts.
Hence too the infusion of CVT and highly-strung twin clutch autos at the expense of perfectly good torque-converter autoboxes, and the virtual extinction of conventional manual gearbox motor cars...

So what do you do? Plonk down lots of money for something you are never going to like?

Or go hunting on CarSales for the same thing you have now, looking out for the low mileage needle-in-a-haystack pensioner’s special?

Our company carpark has just about every mainstream brand and model in it. No consistent pattern of buying behaviour, except there must be some science experiment that could produce the formula of ‘the bigger the car/SUV/4x4/Ute, the less elegant the parking capability’

The carpark was re-linemarked just before Christmas, with a now dedicated area for the wider than average vehicles to have a special spot so as not to take up 2 regular spaces...

Its not an uncommon thing apparently..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods