View Single Post
Old 24 Sep 2015, 16:57 (Ref:3576690)   #22
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Will anybody have bought one of the effected cars based on the emissions test results? Seems highly unlikely to me. If you're that bothered about emissions you buy a Prius (and ignore the environmental mess involved in the construction of those - but that's another story).
Buying a diesel car (vs petrol) in the US is not a casual decision. Buyers are likely looking at a combination of efficincy plus low or acceptable emissions. There has been a large push to tout the "clean diesel" nature of these cars plus the new low low sulfur fuel. Many arguments about what is the most "green" car to buy today can easily end with "get a diesel". So in short... yes they care.

While it ultimately is the evasion of the regulations that tripped them up, there WILL be fallout with consumers. VW already struggles here in the US. This will not go away quietly.

Richard