View Single Post
Old 14 Jun 2017, 18:46 (Ref:3741332)   #137
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great discussion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
If LMP1 turns into what it's equivlant was after Group C and IMSA GTP died, I'll be happy. But I'm more worried about the ACO once again getting it wrong. They went for short term instant gratification with the rules instead of long term stability, and the bubble has clearly burst. Will they learn from their errors, or make the same mistakes trying to fix the current mess?
Yeah ... but the racing has been good. if they get it wrong a gain and it works out this well, that's okay too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Granted, if LMP2 didn't have a spec engine and chassis/cost caps, it'd be a viable replacement, just like how the original GT2 class became GT1 after the original GT1 class died and became LMGTP.
Which I think we all know is what would be most likely to happen.

A modified P1-L would become the top class--essentially P2 cars with fewer development restrictions. An inexpensive class, relatively (at least at the start) because teams could modify existing P2 chassis and use proven engines.

Even the FIA could figure that one out if they needed to in a hurry.