View Single Post
Old 5 Jan 2007, 18:54 (Ref:1807705)   #28
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole
DTM also has restrictions like this especially as to engines and the racing doesn't suffer at all.

I am asking for the teams opinion because from what I have been reading a few weeks back in Autosport the teams were in favour of cost cutting changes and also demanded no flyaway races at all. Apparently Zhuhai had to be kept on the schedule due to their firm contract with SRO. Logic suggests that the cost cutting changes would have been decided between Ratel and the teams before being submited to the FIA for approval.
As I am not up on DTM technical rules maybe you could further my knowledge. From all I can ascertain the limiting factors in DTM are 1) 3 sealed engines per season @470hp 2) 18 tires per event per car 3) gear box(2 suppliers), brakes(rotor,pads,caliper) and electronics are supplied by specific suppliers, with no limit to how many, that I found.

Now if that is the case. One could easily build an engine(x3) that would be reliable throughout the season! But this in no way is the same as the rule changes that FIA has. To use the DTM as an example is not a true comparison for the rules that FIA is enacting!!

L.P.