View Single Post
Old 6 Oct 2010, 14:57 (Ref:2770354)   #33
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
In the history of the Constructors Championship, there have only been two car manufacturers who have one it - Ferrari and Renault
Ever heard of Lotus? Manufacturers and winners of many constructors titles (7 WCC's I think, to go with the 6 WDC titles.)

Actually whilst on the subject, you also overlooked Matra, French car manufacturers, who won the WDC & WCC in 1969.

McLaren have also manufactured cars since launching the F1 (3 seater) roadcar project in the early 1990's... more latterly they built the McLaren Mercedes Sports Coupe at their Woking factory, and of course they are soon to be marketing (it has already been released to the world) their own range of road cars.

You could also say Alfa, Maserati and Mercedes came close, winning WDC's in the years immediately prior to the WCC being introduced in 1958. They likely would have won the WCC to back their Drivers titles had there been a WCC from the start of the WDC. But I am splitting hairs really, the point you make is very valid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
That only leaves Honda and Porsche who have previously won (in other people's chassis) but are not racing in F1 today.
I know you are probably talking of Championships here, but both Honda and Porsche won races in their own chassis, powered by their own engines. (Honda won 3, one each in 1965, 1967 and of course 2006), Porsche winning the 1962 French GP in the hands of Gurney.

Last edited by E.B; 6 Oct 2010 at 15:03.