View Single Post
Old 10 Jul 2000, 11:32 (Ref:22375)   #11
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've been doing well with my driving record. So far I haven't caused any accidents and only been involved in one as a driver (and that was someone running up the back of me in a carpark).

Had a couple of close calls though. One of them was about thinking ahead. A narrow back street with cars on both sides and also a big rubbish bin (large metal thing basically) also on the road. Came up to this on a bend and thought to keep over to the side just in case, and another came came around this blind (cos of the bin) corner at about 70km/h.

There's also a very nice road near where I live (a rare thing in Sydney), and a long corner. In the wet and bad tyres (I didn't think they were too bad in the wet till then). Not much camber and downhill, started at the top at about 55 and the car sped up..and then the back end started to move around. As it was front drive and the way it was balanced, all I could do was not touch the brakes and correct the sliding.

Luckily I've only spun a car once and that was on a racetrack, the car didn't help either (Volvo 440). Haven't come across diesel on the road yet either, I hope not too as well.