Thread: SKG's tracks
View Single Post
Old 11 May 2013, 08:37 (Ref:3245596)   #66
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That track is pretty good, a little like the New Nürburgring. That jump on the back straight which you can see in the video is very nice. I like the flow of the circuit. SKG, Is it possible to race on the track as well, using the same racesim, or does it merely work in testing mode?

I guess it's a dream of every amateur track designer to one day run his own tracks on a racesim. Mine, too, of course, but I've usually always been a kind of a dork when it comes to learning how to use new software.

Bio, it's pretty gracious of you to turn SKG's track into a racesim with Bob's Track Builder, considering the amount of time it takes. Is there a tutorial for it somewhere? How much of a programmer do I need to be to be able to use it for adding additional tracks to racesims? I haven't used a racesim since around the year 2000 (and that was the old Micro Prose GP2 from the mid-90s even). So my knowledge of that kind of software is limited to say the least.
Yet, it would be kind of enticing to try and implement some of my own circuits (Duckburg, Keneieune, Camiria, Nansentown, Nomenlos, etc.)
Bio, would you have the patience to teach the essential things on racesim add-on design to a complete newbie (who has got time constraints somewhat, too)?