Old 11 May 2013, 17:39 (Ref:3245797)   #72
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner View Post
I wonder, why is there a big cross at the entrance of the complex at the backstraight?
Nothing special, I just put it there for decoration. I imagined the place as once part of a very old highway - and you see crosses by those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by werner View Post
And offcourse, your bridge is at the wrong place...
Why, should I have put it ON course? :P

Seriously - if theres one thing I've learnt at 10/tenths is that there's no good place for bridges. ANYWHERE you put it, someone will tell you it shouldn't be there.

Let me ask you then: where would you have put it? Remember the criteria:

- it can't be put over a section where it blocks some part of the track from the spectators (because half the forum population will jump at your throat instantly);

- it should be on a location that makes sense - e.g. the trucks won't have to travel through a cliffside to reach the paddocks, and they won't have to take hairpins, etc...);

- it should be put on a location so that the trucks and other vehicles can reach and leave the paddocks as fast as possible.

Good luck finding that spot

bio

PS: Oh, and anyway... the bridge was an experiment too: since most of the "prefab" bridges available in the BTB XPacks are rendered incorrectly in rFactor, I was wondering how one custom-made (of wall sections) would look. Well, now i know