View Single Post
Old 1 Feb 2016, 13:52 (Ref:3610533)   #10
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Well yesterday was our first event with our new helmets and HANS devices (we used our existing 3" belts as these are HANS compatible), a few observations:
  • Once you're out on a stage most of the time you don't notice it's there.
  • You can't check over your shoulder on merges to see if there's any traffic coming at you.
  • At time controls I can't see the marshals as well as without a HANS device as I can't turn my head far enough.
  • Clipping the helmet to the HANS and unclipping again is far easier when you're in the car than sat on the sofa at home trying it!
  • Getting the belts to sit on the HANS properly can be awkward but there was no issue with them slipping off the HANS
  • My shoulders are sore today - maybe I don't have enough padding!

All in all it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but it does cause a couple of problems (more for me than my driver).