View Single Post
Old 21 Mar 2017, 12:39 (Ref:3720398)   #2738
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
Would you say the same to Terry Grant when he gets out of a donuting car ?

Context is key here. And this and the original post are taking the subject way way out of it.
No - because Terry Grant is a stunt driver, and the act of performing a doughnut would be part of his entertainment.

But - when a professional car driver performs a doughnut, or any other stunt, it would usually be accompanied by a message that it was carried out in controlled conditions and should not be tried at home.

This was not a deliberate stunt performed by a driver - this was a major star in BTCC (some would argue a household name) pictured using a mobile phone whilst at the controls of a car. Whatever context it is in, it surely is not the right message to send to spectators?