Thread: IMSA DPi Discussion
View Single Post
Old 22 Feb 2017, 16:27 (Ref:3714050)   #2387
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
The ACO likes to ignore the manufacturer issues at times too. Alpine in LMP2 is a bit of a joke, even if it is just a rebadged ORECA.

I actually agree with what the ACO is trying to do though, I just don't think their methods of achieving it are very good. Manufacturers should be in P1-H, not LMP2 or privateer P1-L class. Allowing manufactures into private classes doesn't solve the problem itself, only a symptom. The ACO has long been accused on not looking after the small teams, and in this case they actually are.

I also think the same for IMSA - GTD (GT3) is a non-works class. I don't really think Lexus and Acura should be allowed works efforts in the class. That's what GTE is for. Let the little guys fight it out together, rather than having works backed efforts and factory drivers in there.
That should be ending after this year, IMSA is allowing them as factory entries for the first year as a developmental deal, then no more after that year.

We'll see what happens.