Thread: IMSA DPi Discussion
View Single Post
Old 23 Feb 2017, 03:09 (Ref:3714156)   #2390
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
Two truths of journalism everyone really needs to just accept already:

1) All journalists will at least periodically make articles with clickbait headlines. No exceptions.

Even printed newspapers have used that tactic since the earliest days of the medium.
here, I can say that you are wrong. In most cases the people who write the articles don't write the heds. ("Insider information.")

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
2) All journalists will at least occasionally put blatant lies in their articles. No exceptions.
That is untrue and frankly just insulting. Maybe you read too much Alt-Right news (you know, the ones who tell you not to trust the media, with the subtext that you should overlook that they are also the media.)

Fact is, most journalists I know (again, I cannot reveal my sources ... no actual NDA, but .... ) would Never deliberately write a lie. never. If they need to hide the identity of a source they simply leave out potentially indentifying information.

As for "pushing a non-existent narrative" first off, if they create it, it exists. What we now consider to be broadly accepted understandings were at one time "non-existent narratives," points of view they just dreamed up, which made sense and became excepted ... ask Charles Darwin and Albert Einstein about their "non-existent narratives." They were each crapped on for years, for lying ....

Second, most journalists I know simply do not Want to lie. Telling the truth is the whole point. There are definitely some propagandists calling themselves journalists ... pushing "false narratives," that is, understandings of a situation which do not match up with facts .... but those are not journalists. People who write lies for a living are propagandists or advertisers.

Besides ... you make all these bold and totally unsupported claims ... like any other dishonest propagandist, and totally undermine your own credibility ... point out all the lies in that specific Daguys article please. Just list them and quote them.

Do it.