View Single Post
Old 18 Apr 2010, 16:50 (Ref:2675075)   #9
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I didn't think they released him into Vettel's path - they went at almost exactly the same time, which means that when Hamilton's lollipop guy looked back, Vettel would still have been in his pit box. If Vettel had already been released, it would be a different situation.

On the messing about on the way down the pitlane, I thought both drivers were at fault: Hamilton for not conceding the position, and Vettel for edging him towards the garages, which was dangerous and unnecessary. I think it's good that the stewards aren't so trigger-happy when it comes to dishing out penalties, but I do wonder whether they should have taken more of a stand on this because it wasn't out on the circuit and it was therefore potentially dangerous to a lot of people in the pitlane.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'