View Single Post
Old 18 Apr 2010, 16:50 (Ref:2675076)   #10
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ignoring whether you think Vettel or Hamilton was in the wrong inside the pits, Hamilton should have been penalized for aggressive pitlane actions. As soon as Vettel had a wheel in front, regardless of pitlane position left or right, Hamilton should have had to fall inline out of respect for safety. However, that's not the one that got me fired up, disregarding the entrance to pitlane and deciding he wanted to jump in after the entrance by crossing the gravel was (or should be) well and clearly outside the rules. Pitlane entrance should be as clearly defined as pit exit, both Hamilton and Alsonso should have been warned if not issued a drive through for challenging positions within the pit entrance. I'm sure it's not in the rules now but with a pitlane like China there should be a division between the racing surface and the pit entrance. Speed would be up to the driver but when entering you have committed to position in which you crossed the line, wheel over the line side to side would be a drive-through.

Personally I'm tired of the reprimands, either penalize the driver during the race or strip them of the points earned. The reprimands are pointless unless it works as a penalty points system, 2 reprimands in the span of 2-3 races and you're out for the following GP or X number of points depending on the offence and after Y points you've earned a GP off. Otherwise all you are doing is giving us something to talk about and not doing anything to stop anybody from doing it each weekend.