View Single Post
Old 22 Jan 2015, 03:14 (Ref:3495025)   #65
The Realist
Racer

The Realist should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
You will find that the Ruapuna event was "promoted" by a new to Motorsport company called 10seventy(?) and IMO Yes they did a dismal job of any promotion of the event, clearly evident by the poor crowd. I even spoke to a raft of motorsport competitors who were unaware the event was on until the last minute ultimately costing both gate revenue and competitor entries. From what I heard all the motorsport promotion during the week was about the Speedway next door & they had a bumper crowd on the Saturday night, with fields that were no bigger or better than what was at Ruapuna circuit. However to be fair it appears that as it way a 'dry hire' of the Ruapuna circuit, neither MSNZ nor CCC really assisted these guys with the promotion. IMO these events simply have to be a joint venture to work for everyone. Hell the new company couldn't even get competitor tickets posted out before the event!!!!

However, I believe the Teretonga round is a joint venture between Teretonga & whomever (10seventy?) and therefore Teretonga are working hard on the promotion of their round and deserve much more success.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/southland-tim...weekend-racing
Congratulations Teretonga on some local pre event print media.
Let's hope the patriotic locals turn up to watch.