View Single Post
Old 25 Jul 2013, 05:22 (Ref:3281348)   #47
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Love this race track....
+1! First time I experienced the track was through an F1 video game on my old PlayStation 2... I fell in love with that track back when I was six or seven and still love it, though I was distraught to here of its 'demise". Turns out, they'll be coming back! Great news!!!

So we've got New Jersey, Sochi, AND Austria coming on board next year... that's 21 tracks, a few have to go...

For one, I don't think Sochi will be on the 2014 calendar. The skeptic in me says that the potentially disastrous Olympics next year will be bad enough to keep F1 away from more controversy (although, as you once said, Jeremy, we LOVE drama over here in the F1 side of the racing world... ).

Essentially, my guess is that Bernie will stick to 20 races, and Sochi will be removed at the last second. Apart form the rather, <ahem>, scandalousness going on regarding Sochi right now, last time I checked, the funding for the 2014 Russian Grand Prix is null.

But back onto Austria: it's still a great track, but to be quite honest, I'm surprised Bernie approves. He had that street circuit in Argentina idea going, as well as Paul Ricard HTTT (which is a wonderful track I can vouch for!) and Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez (another great "old guard" track), and yet he throws the bone to... Austria?

It seems odd to me, but no complaints, because the setting is absolutely paradisal, and the track, although it was pruned and scrubbed, yes, it still retained its charm, thank God.