View Single Post
Old 6 Mar 2011, 01:54 (Ref:2840861)   #61
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
joe's issue doesn't seem to be with change.. more to do with way it's being done. we don't need to go back to the olden days with only 2 tranzam camaros or a couple of bmws and a telstar fighting it out in our top class..
exactly. it has happened to nearly every championship where there is more than one manufacturer in the past . is this new supertourer OSCA/GTNZ eligible, if so, why would you not merge and have a decent 'big banger class' again, until such time as you have enough numbers to run them as a standalone class????.
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
porsche, suzuki, mini. etc are all running current models yet are also finding it difficult to get sponsors on board too. apart from online.. i can't say i've ever any spectators complain at a circuit about the current V8s not being the current models. the look, the sound, good racin' and good numbers is what's important! the a couple of cars (no matter what they are) isn't.
so it's not the age of the cars that is the problem, it's lack of cars that concerns you as well.

does any one in VEEGA/TMC have a spreadsheet that outlines over the past 2-3 years:
who entered the championship;
which rounds they entered;
which guys did every round.
i believe it would make concerning reading??

So, Mark, DJJ, Biggy G etc, what happens when only 6-10 of these cars front up because of a supposed 'need to change'