View Single Post
Old 18 Jan 2011, 14:40 (Ref:2817331)   #24
Helix
Racer

Australia
Victoria
Helix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Principal Jason Roberts has revealed a new and exciting major technical alliance and sponsorship agreement with aviation entrepreneur Sir Richard Branson, who is also Team Principal for Marussia Virgin F1 Racing. Branson had apparently kept a keen eye on the V8 Supercar Fantasy Championship last year had contacted Mr. Roberts just after the season closed with a proposal to set up a V8 camp under his F1 team’s name.

Marussia, a Russian sports car manufacturer was hesitant at first about there name being plastered onto a foreign product but after negotiating with the team and Sir Richard for exclusive rights to the company cars of the newly formed V8 squad and Virgin fleet, a deal was struck.

“When Richard called me on the phone,” said a laughing Jason, “I yelled ‘HELL YEAH’ I’d love to set up with you guys.” “The process of restructuring the team with some F1 personnel has been uneventful and very smooth, I believe the partnership will be very successful and hope to see it continue into the future” Sir Richard was quoted as saying.

With this racing marriage, the V8 Supercar Fantasy Championship now has a team with F1 roots, strengthening its resolve to win the 2011 V8 Supercar Fantasy Championship.

Without further ado we present to u Marussia Virgin V8 Racing

NAME: Marussia Virgin V8 Racing
SPONSORS: Marussia, Virgin, QNET, Oxigen, Carbon Green, LG
DRIVERS:
#71 Jamie Whincup ($1,400,000)
#72 Steve Owen ($500,000)
MANUFACTURER: Ford FG Falcon