View Single Post
Old 4 Jun 2019, 18:36 (Ref:3907932)   #120
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
nascar's instability is felt even at the developmental level. The big heads down in Daytona Beach have decided it best to ultimately cancel the upcoming K&N series race at Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park on June 15th due to a severe lack of entries. From what I understand and have heard, only 7-9 entries have committed to the June 15th Thompson weekend.

Headquarters published a scant press release on the matter today.

As a result, the scheduled support (and weekly) series that will be in attendance will take up the slack, including the American Canadian Tour Late Model Series, which will replace the K&N series as the main attraction.

It is very saddening to see how far the K&N Thompson events and the K&N series in general have fallen over the past decade. In fact, I was in attendance at the 2018 K&N Thompson race and the series garnered only 14 confirmed entires, 13 of which ended up taking the green flag. What's more, the K&N East series's crown jewel event at NHMS late last year (which I was also in attendance) only managed to get 17 entries. Keep in mind NHMS used to be the biggest draw for the K&N development drivers and the biggest payout (obviously).

Long gone are the days of a surplus of development drivers and well established Busch North veterans making for a wholesomely enjoyable series overall. Case and point, the 2012 G-Oil 100 (which I was also in attendance) is one that immediately sticks out to me as one of the greater K&N (Camping World East Series at that time) races post 2010, take note that there were 36 starters for this race -https://youtu.be/3LNYwUblaMQ?t=208.

Everyone knows by now that nascar is struggling immensely, but it this is the first time that I have seen circumstances reach the point where the series is left with no choice but to cancel an official nascar weekend because of an acute lack of interest.

Last edited by Nick Woodbury; 4 Jun 2019 at 18:42.