View Single Post
Old 5 Jul 2022, 10:56 (Ref:4118301)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
So team of the day. I have two ones for this one.

You can not ignore Ferrari in this race. Confession time. I HATE Ferrari. I was never a fan, and couldn't really grasp why so many people thought they was the best thing about Formula1. But, that's not it. The reason my feelings started to burn hot was the shenanigans with Bernie, secret deals with extra money and the way they acted during the Schumacher/Barrichello era. That total disregard for sporting behaviour and self centred arrogance drove me nuts.

Now, look at how Ferrari treated Vettel. Sure, he had lost his way, but the way they handled that once again made me see red. Yeah, I know that could be considered a pun. I just was angry.

So, lately when people have asked Binotto about Leclerc and Sainz, he has been very consistent about praising Sainz, even when he has declared Leclerc as the crown prince.

When they asked Sainz to do faster lap or let Leclerc by, he tried and then let Leclerc pass. But they did not just tell him to move over. In the end when they sent some half cooked stupid idea (regardless of fairness, their strategy game has not been great this year) about having Sainz back up cars that clearly would be all over him, he argued his case and did not do what would have made sure both Ferraris had dropped off the podium.

I like Carlos. I think he has brought something to that team. He is not just there because a naive admiration for the cars in red. He wants to contribute and not as a wingman. I don't think they knew what they got, or how good he could be.

Today Ferrari let their drivers fight, and did let the guy who had the best shot at winning do the winning, not some stupid coporate bullsh*it or favouritism. Leclerc clearly wanted that. Maybe it would even have made sense from a strategic point of view. He clearly feel they have let him down. I think they might actually have redeemed themselves as a team. A moral act, if not the most optimal one for getting the most points.

I am not arguing a point here, but mostly rambling about my feelings. But, it will need a longer time for me to forget Ferrari in 2002, but today I think the right driver won.

So, if that's not enough to vote for them as the team of the day, it will be Mercedes, for dragging their non functional car into contention for a win. A massive team effort. Great stuff. Mercedes gets my vote today.
I'm with you on most of this. While they were bleating on on the TV about shooting themselves in the foot by not letting Leclerc through early enough, I was shouting at the screen to just let them race. If you want to be a WDC, you should need to have to race - and that includes your teammate. Personal opinion - I've no liking for team orders - later in the season maybe if it's nip and tuck between Charles and Max, but not yet...