View Single Post
Old 24 Nov 2004, 01:29 (Ref:1162362)   #9
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dakota Hogback
The only production-based formula that could include both GM and Honda and keep the techie fans happy would have to use a 4-banger.
I'm not sure I see 4 bangers as being the answer for the American manufacturers either. I mean, we don't exactly produce world class 4's, especially in comparison to the Japanese. They have some beautiful smooth, quiet, high-tech engines that are producing insane amounts of HP and torque for their econo-boxes no less, while we still have noisy, push-rod, 4's with no power pushing our cars around.

Maybe by 2007, Detroit will finally have a world class 4 or 6 cylinder that would be ready.

Bob, I'm not sure Gen X would agree with your assesment of performance being only V-8's, as GM had to discontinue it's baby-boomer Camaros and Firebirds due to lack of sales...

Danica Patrick