View Single Post
Old 10 Sep 2017, 20:15 (Ref:3765916)   #1500
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
As for Buenos Aires specifically, I imagine they'd use layout 15-S, unless they change or use a shorter pit entry. If they use the existing, long pit entry road, they'll want to slow the cars down more than Tobogan does to aid cars pulling off to the pits, like the WEC has done at the Nurburgring with their switch to the tighter iteration of the chicane there.

I'm not sure if the modern cars will take the first part of Salotto flat-out; I expect that they will do on the second part, but that loop brings something else into the equation. How much do you trim the car out? There's enough of the lap made up by long straights in that case to where taking drag off may be quite beneficial for overtaking using the slipstream.

And for those concerned, Ascari will provide a very effective braking zone for overtaking, as well as a recharge zone. Assuming they use #15, Turn 7 will be a notable braking zone also, though I don't expect it to be a terribly good overtaking zone.

Now, IF they use #12, Parga should definitely also be an effective outbraking and recharging zone.

In addition, I wonder if Siervo won't be flat-out, in which case, getting the line right will be absolutely essential, or else you're a sitting duck on the run up to Salotto.

It's too bad the Horquilla hairpin is no longer available. Then, they could use Tobogan, have a new pit entry after the hairpin, and improve overtaking potential at the end of the lap as well as possibly into Siervo.

Last edited by Purist; 10 Sep 2017 at 20:21.