View Single Post
Old 26 Jun 2009, 23:51 (Ref:2491387)   #58
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
i would think there is feedback and research.

i would think the fans vote by going to races and watching it on tv also.

i would also think they need to cut costs and the more competive cars we have the better

But to be honest based on what i see on here, the fans have no idea what the want. the say one thing and sook and complain about when it happens
So what kind of feedback loops are there? There was that survey on V8Superstore a long time ago now.. for the purported purpose of research.. but other than a series of press releases and magazine articles, what changed?

We need to face the very real prospect that the V8Supercar as we know it may not be here in 2011. There may not be a Commodore and Falcon as we know it. There is a school of thought to suggest that the first of these 2 to get a decent diesel engine in their big cars, that petrol will become a thing of the past.

Should the series be heading down the WTCC path, take a mid size car like a Cruze, like a Sonata, like a Mondeo, like a Camry, like a Maxima, like a 6, like a C5, like a Megane, like a 159, like an A4, like a 320i, like an Avenger, like a Jetta, like an Accord...

It is technically possible to shoehorn a V8 engine, bespoke or otherwise, into most of these body shapes. Given that the main IP of V8Supercars is its name, and promise and imagery around V8's... is this the new way of the world?

Or indeed should it be?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods