View Single Post
Old 7 Apr 2014, 00:10 (Ref:3389561)   #90
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
from Betty

GOOD AFTERNOON CREATION

well , funny story in the telegraph today , quite a different spin on the story that i thought was going out.

not that it was wrong , but it makes the situation sound a little dramatic.

What it should of explained , was that , because i spent a lot of money on the development of 2 special cars, engine and team, and have a team that , have proven themselves, i find it hard to understand , why sponsors are hard to find for this sport.

As i have said , time and time again , this is a business and a business from my schooling should make money , on its own.
the story was meant to , tell people that we are serious, v8 supercars, not a hobby of a girl looking for something to do , we are here to stay , we already have amazing sponsors, but we need major sponsors.

so don't worry its all a bit dramatic , and we are here , smiling and looking forward to racing in 2014 and beyond.
I wonder what spin she was expecting with those quotes? Depends what part of the interview weren't published.

But that story - if that's the truth and she's not denying it - it doesn't reflect well on her.

I can see with the V8 and GT teams how you would spend $40m, but to spend ALL your money seems silly.

She can go on about how she doesn't need fancy this or fancy that - she lives in some very nice property and drives very expensive cars. I don't begrudge her that at all - but to then turn around and say how she doesn't need 'all the trappings' does jar a little bit.