View Single Post
Old 28 Dec 2015, 16:07 (Ref:3600549)   #12
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAN #51 View Post
A moan though not directley aimed at this event but at the circuit

On the drive back from the scrutineering in my road legal taxed and motd race car that was doing no more than 1200 rpm i was challenged by a member of the Mallory Park staff for breaking the noise curfew and how people like me are going to mean the closure of the circuit. Now i resent that given that i had pushed the car down to the scrutineering bay with the help of a couple of passers by. On the way back i was on my own (i dont have a "TEAM" i race on my own) the paddock is on a hill and for me this meant having to push the car back up the hill i couldnt do it TBH so i ran the engine in a sensible manner.
While I sympathise with your predicament, these rules are imposed as part of the circuit's licensing conditions; make an exception for one & you're opening a can of worms, so it has to be a blanket restriction. An MoT's no guarantee that a car falls within the circuit's noise level limit.

I'm sure you're aware how much of a problem noise has been at Mallory; the new owners are working hard at building good relations with the local community, so it's understandable that circuit staff may be a little bit edgy.

In fairness to Mallory, similar conditions apply at most, if not all, circuits.

Quote:
If the cars as we were are due into the assembly area at a time very close to when the noise curfew is in place why dont the scrutineers come to the cars as they would do/ have done when i race at Combe.
Castle Combe must have a surfeit of scrutineers if they can afford the time to come & seek out cars in the paddock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snailpace85 View Post
Oh dear, I must be some sort of Jonah - as my brother Andrew in his Mazda MX5 and Dave Hemingway in his MR2 touched at Gerards on the first lap and Andrew spun, glanced the barriers and crossed through the pack causing increased blood pressure all around!
That looked scary from where I was (post 2, Gerards In). The way that MR2 shot across the track in front of most of the pack was scary. . . more than a few near misses there!