Old 24 Oct 2011, 17:37 (Ref:2976135)   #20
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave lowe View Post
A friend phoned me last night to say that Oulton Park held a minutes silence as a tribute to Bernard at his very local circuit
yesterday.A very apt and moving thing to do .
Yes Dave - the silence was shared with Dan Weldon - and those who didn't make it to the startline were respectfully silent in the paddock. You could have heard a pin drop. I've never known a race circuit so quiet.
All the FF1600s' carried "RIP Bernard" decals. And the ironic connection is that Bernard spannered Dan Weldon in his early car career.

The majority of people I spoke to said that they just couldn't believe he was gone.

I saw quite a bit of him at the Formula Ford Festival a few days before he passed away and just expected to see him at the WHT at Silverstone the weekend after next. Sadly not to be.

Everyone has a Bernard tale to tell and mine involves having him stay with me for a few weeks after Angela had kicked him out. That was a very interesting and different few weeks in my life. He managed to worm his way back home and my life became plain old boring again.

Last edited by diz; 24 Oct 2011 at 17:42. Reason: Missed a bit