Thread: V8ST - 2014/15
View Single Post
Old 12 May 2014, 06:24 (Ref:3405216)   #4
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesK View Post
V8ST’s open letter to Ian Booth, Chairman NZV8 Touring Cars, on their Facebook page.
Ian’s subsequent comments / replies have been removed from this page, because quote: “It is not our intention to have a public debate about this……We wish to ensure that the facts were on public record, to remove any confusion.”
Ian’s apparent first reply was noting who he had spoken to and the approx. when.
Obviously the site administrator was able to verify Ian’s comments before removing them, as the “facts” are all V8ST wish. Considering the apparent time frame between post and removal it is highly unlikely.

You then have to question the motives behind the “Open Letter” and secondly not allowing an Open Reply throws doubt on V8ST’s sincerity at obtaining the facts and placing them on public record, also their interest at any reconciliation with NZV8. The word Propaganda comes to mind.

I’m sure Ian nor NZV8 Touring Cars are not particularly happy with the one sided public spat and wouldn’t blame them if they have no further contact or association with V8ST.

This doesn’t help the current situation with Motorsport in NZ, but obviously this is what the management of V8ST want. Hard to believe previous statements made regarding resolving differences for the betterment of motorsport in NZ with that attitude.

It would be interesting to see what V8ST teams and their sponsors think about this letter.
I have to agree here, whats the point of making it public & then not letting him have the right of reply??? If there is nothing to hide and both parties seem happy to have it on Facebook, then why not at least let both parties put their versions up? Would certainly would put many of the awful rumours to bed about he said/she said...

Sorry V8ST you just lost points in my book.