Thread: V8ST - 2014/15
View Single Post
Old 12 May 2014, 10:22 (Ref:3405297)   #11
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
this reply from Booth seems to be all over the place now..

"Open letter to V8 Supertourers" Please share this post.
Hi V8ST’s. It’s disappointing that my reply to your open letter addressed to me has been removed twice from your Facebook page.
Firstly yes I have spoken to some V8ST teams. I speak to other teams in other classes also as it’s good to keep in contact and get to know them and them me. This is what sport in all about I thought?

NZV8TC members arranged a meeting with Ray Noonan late last year in Auckland for a round table to discuss ways to move forward. We felt the discussions were good and Ray was going to come back to NZV8TC with a proposal the following week. To date we have not received anything?
We were contacted by Gary Lathrope from Motorsport & Event Operations mid February asking if we could field a grid of TL cars to support the V8ST’s on the weekend of 22-23 March (this was a new date added to the V8ST calendar after the NZGP meeting at Manfeild was confirmed). Unfortunately many of our TL Teams were on tight budgets after travelling down South and the NZGP meeting plus it was in between our Taupo round and the V8 Supercar events. We just didn’t have enough TL cars with budgets to do this extra race meeting.

I visited the V8ST race meeting in March to catch up with the V8ST’s and this was when I also spoke to Lyall Williamson to discuss possible future race meetings together. We had a productive chat and decided to continue discussions the following week at his Auckland office. We met again 2 weeks later at his office. Lyall explained to me that Bevan Trotman (who I met briefly at Lyall’s office) was working on their calendar and he would come back to me within 1 or 2 weeks. NZV8TC still hasn’t received proposal or communication from V8ST’s?

NZV8TC and MSNZ are also working on a workable 2014-15 race calendar and I’m sure most people would like to see both V8 classes race line up at some of those meetings. I seem to be the only one between the two V8 groups actively trying to get something together and now I’m contacted through the V8ST Facebook page via an “Open letter”.

This NZV8TC group that I’m Chairman for are a great bunch of people to be involved with. They don’t have endless pots of money but they are having fun. It’s also very affordable and it allows many young drivers the opportunity to further their V8 careers whether that be in a TLX, V8ST or Australian V8 Supercar.
For those who don’t know me well, in the past I’ve been involved in several other sports at either a competitor or coaching level. This include Yachting (competitive sailor and youth coach), Rugby (player and coach), BMX (rider NZ3 and North Island #1), and Motorsport (Pre65, Targa, OSCAR, GT, North Island Endurance racing + NZV8’s). I was not involved with any of the Bull@#$T that happened in the past and those who do know me over many years of Motorsport know I only want what’s good for the future of V8 racing in NZ.

I look forward in further discussions with the V8ST in the very near future.
Ian Booth
Director (Chairman)
Thanks for that Maxi - not really sure why that post was deleted?! Seems positive to me.