Thread: TC light
View Single Post
Old 7 Sep 2017, 16:41 (Ref:3765210)   #17
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Not sure that fills me with great confidence. The technical ruleset sounds interesting and I think that there is a need for a secondary category to TCR, especially for regions like Benelux and the Iberian Peninsula, but motorsport is all about momentum - people will only invest in a series if it has a certain "hipness" to it.

Having just failed to put together a sufficient grid for the last series he was involved in, Mayer definitely does not have that. Things would look much better if the ADAC and Engstler officially endorsed TC-Light as their junior category or even had a hand in promoting it.

What makes things worse is that there really isn't another place to run these cars in case the series is a failure, so teams might be stranded with 50k€ (just a guess) race cars and no place to race them.
I don't know this Meyer but the man/woman in charge can make or break a series.

Is Mr "Bastuck" also involved?