View Single Post
Old 21 Aug 2017, 23:27 (Ref:3760828)   #17
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_White View Post
I struggle to understand how many of the same people who cite model relativity as being crucial for sustainability also scream "keep the V8's. We don't want this turbo 6 crap".
No doubt there are people who want to see Supercars as v8s. Its certainly a model that has worked for 20+ years. why im not sure. I think its a masculine issue. sort of like time Tim the Toolman when he talks about more power

I would think most spectators want to see something that represents what they would want to buy, even though they will buy different. Its why the mustang shape has to be the future for ford if it has a future. That's what people would want to buy, its a it fantasy. No want wants to buy a mondeo, how dull and basic, no passion.

Where as v8 commodores and v8 falcons were for many years that car that created passion in its supporters, (but those fans are in their late 30s through to 70 now) But the v8 doesnt create the same passion in the younger generation

Maybe why the Kia stinger has a bit of a buzz about it a s road car. a bit of fantasy and passion