View Single Post
Old 22 Aug 2017, 07:39 (Ref:3760877)   #25
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
This is where you have to be careful - I'm always shocked at how many people in viewer land actually think the race cars are close to their road going counterparts. You and I know the many, not too subtle, differences but I believe the general public consensus would be that cars are a lot closer than actually are.
I have also had this experience.

Fans like us who post on a motorsport forum understand there is no relationship between the road car and the race car.

However for every fan like us there are thousands of casual or once a year viewers who may believe the race cars are closely related to the road cars.

I have had numerous conversations with casual fans who still believe the race cars are hotted up road cars.

Which may mean the bulk of the audience watching Bathurst on TV the next few years will scratch their heads wondering why V8 Commodores and Falcons ares still racing.