View Single Post
Old 1 Nov 2017, 15:38 (Ref:3777997)   #2
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I like that they are providing these. My thoughts...

1. I am surprised about how little of importance is actually discussed or how little actual instruction is provided by Charlie. However we don't know how much might be discussed offline in other forums. It sounds more like a chance for drivers to talk to Charlie directly.

2. Its interesting to see the driver personalities. Especially when they come across as small children with "tit for tat" complaints to their parents. The entire exchange about "loosening" or "undoing" belts at the end of the race was hilarious. Of course it started with the discussion about not riding on other cars which led to steering wheel not being left on the car which led to undoing straps. Short version (note... not direct quotes, but me paraphrasing)...

Charlie: It was OK this time, but please don't ride on other cars (talking about Seb, but letting him off the hook for breaking a rule).

Lewis: What about Seb taking his steering wheel with him (pointing out another violation)?

Charlie: Well, that was sort of OK (thinking... we didn't really want to penalize him)

Grosjean: What about Lewis undoing his belts after checked flag (Lewis are you the pot and Seb the kettle?)

Charlie: You can't undo your belts.

Grosjean: (Thinking to himself... Lewis is clearly undoing his belts)

Charlie: Loosening is OK, but you should not "undo" your belts (patting himself on back for clearing that up!)

Massa: Umm, when in the car, the driver really can't loosen them. You really can only unlatch them (addressing elephant in room among the drivers)

Charlie: So, Lewis, do you loosen them or undo them?

Lewis: (sheepish grin on face) I undo them (also peeved at Grosjean for bringing it up, and maybe not realizing he sort of started the tit for tat)

To be honest, I am not sure if ANYTHING was sorted out in any of those meetings.

Richard