Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 10 Dec 2013, 04:39 (Ref:3342244)   #43
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Double points for the last round is utterly bizarre and to me feels like someone who doesn't get it has come up with the idea.

The media will so often talk about driver X losing the WDC at the last race but that's bullsh - if they lost, it was because of a lack of points across the season and the last race is a small part of that - the big points losses might have occurred in races 3, 4 and 5 of the year for example.

I reckon it'll be hard to explain to the casual punter too - along with the 2 compulsory stops. These type of things suit touring cars and the like that ARE largely focussed on entertainment but it just doesn't feel right for F1.

Like others, I'll still be watching no doubt but I wish they'd stop mucking around at the edges and get on with addressing core issues instead!