View Single Post
Old 7 Feb 2018, 00:54 (Ref:3799158)   #6
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Short term solution would be to implement proper lighting systems that can be operated instantaneously from the relevent flag points, and most importantly, positioned where drivers can actually see them at all times of the day. I cannot 100% confirm, but the current situation relies on a call from Race Control to allow the lights to function. When approach speeds are north of 200km/h, with almost no room to take evasive action, you tell me if this is good enough. It is also alleged that the lights are not very effective due to their design and postion, and are difficult to sight by the drivers.
How well do lights work with the sun, remembering that in the afternoon that area is pointing back roughly towards the sun depending on the time of year, and also there is a big crowd behind them where people may be wearing yellow and the colour would blend in?

Would make sense to have at least at some of the critical flag points over the top a second flaggie with their hand on the light switch in addition to the flaggie with the yellow furled in hand, to be used simultaneously with each other, and independently of race control. I guess that depends though also on number of flaggies putting their hand up to volunteer at the meeting. Could the comms person do the light switch?