View Single Post
Old 19 May 2017, 08:21 (Ref:3734414)   #48
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
If the only tarmac is that bit infront (I.e. the one corner) then it's tiny! And there are no overtaking spots. Especially as they have stupid kinks in the dirt, which ensures just one line

Plus side is that the diet looks really good. Proper dirt not tarmac.

Maybe they will have a British round early next year to test the track? ,
I've edited the image to add what I think is the tarmaccy bit in red - so agreed, not a huge amount. Does anyone know in which direction the circuit will be run? I was trying to work out where the start line would be - the only place that makes sense is alongside what is laughably called the pit wall at Stowe (shown in yellow) - that'd give a short run to a tight first corner though (so lots of accidents). Also - where would the paddock be? The unused tarmac beyond what I'm assuming is the start wouldn't be big enough surely?
Attached Thumbnails
Silverstone_rx.jpg