View Single Post
Old 8 Nov 2010, 20:55 (Ref:2787256)   #38
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
wow just read his comments here.

i cant tell if he is trying to make a joke or not. usually i am a fan of the guy but just reading the quotes used here leaves me with the feeling that reality is not a concept he has regular dealings with.
Bernie is most certainly the master of The Thoughtless Crass Statement. The guy needs to visit one of those special doctors that you go to when you've mixed up your vocal chords and testicles because that is most certainly where he's talking from. (There must be special doctors for this, with a special name).
As far as he's concerned Brazil is safe because he's not been inconvenienced, but how many years ago did he threaten to stop the British GP because he managed to get mud on the tyres of his chauffer driven limousine?
Personally I don't want to see the Brazilian GP go from the calendar, there is a great deal of passion for the sport in that country, but I do think it's about time that Bernie showed some compassion and respect for the guys who are actually working at the coal face* in his multi-million dollar earning enterprise (and to their families) and not dismiss such happenings as trivial.
*I include in this not just Jenson Button, who was lucky to escape un-harmed, but other members of team personnel who have not been so fortunate in the past.