Thread: WEC BR1 Dallara LMP1
View Single Post
Old 24 Nov 2017, 09:43 (Ref:3782595)   #71
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
Well Dallara builds an F1 car...
As for HAAS, yes, but Dallara builds almost every spec racing car/chassis nowadays (Indycar, F2, international F3, Super Formula etc). It's not a problem for them. And I was talking about small companies. Previously they could build some cars for European 2L championship in 70's, ELMS in 00's. And some big names used this opportunity to check everything before a big campaign (a-la Alpine-Renault). Today the gap between open constructors classes is huge. I can not imagine that a company, building CN or Bikesports, have any intentions or possibility to make a LMP1. And this fact decelerates the progress - new constructors with fresh ideas have just no real opportunity to test their abilities in a highly competitive level. I'm superbly pessimistic about FIA's hierarchy ladders in racing and sportscar. It's bad for breed of engineers and drivers who are not able to handle different chassis.