View Single Post
Old 8 Mar 2011, 11:57 (Ref:2842059)   #14
tazracer
Rookie

tazracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pete Hi, your uk suit will be fine as they have to be FIA 8856-2000 for the uk since last year ( europe changed earlier) and as said you will need upto date fireproof underwear. If you've bought all your kit in the last couple of years it will all be FIA 8856-2000. Much of mine is 10 years old so I had to buy new underwear to do barry's race at Spa last year in the frogeye. Although Im sure at scruit I saw the same set shown to the scrut's by most of the entrants!!!

All Races at Spa will have the same requirements, and Like most we are also taking a UK MSA clerk and chief Scruitneer to oversee our cars and drivers.

The classes will be decided once we have the majority of the Entrants in. The Idea is to give everyone a chance of a good result. we do have the option of minimum pit stop lenghts if needed as we're using the F1 pit lane which has full entry and exit timing.

If your looking to include Spa as part of a championship then the CSCC seem to have the best options there, but If your looking for a fun, one off race at one of the best circuits in the world then talk to us.

we've picked a date thats, outside a lot of championship dates so you can enter without effecting your championship year, and you can run whatever spec and tyres that you have. ( apparently spring and autum tend to be drier than summer too!!)

We opened the Entry early as well so you can get that out of the way before starting your season.

After Going to Spa myself laast year Im probably going to end up doing most of my racing there this year, Im hoping to Do the Spa Britcar Race in a Sagaris, Our Race there in my tuscan and possibly one of barry's open classic races in my mates Sebring.

As for the Uk Im looking to do the Final TVR Race at Oulton in the Tuscan and one of the CSCC Future Classic Races in the tasmin, If I can find a suitable set of List 1b tyres for it. We're running 2 cars in the swinging sixties for some other drivers so depending how thing go I might do a few other cscc races too.