View Single Post
Old 11 Jun 2012, 22:04 (Ref:3089291)   #20
HaydenFan
Racer

HaydenFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Even Ho Pin Tung the Dutchman would do. No problem. The problem is the candidate would needed to have started the season, he need to be promoted to a Chinese audience and neither has happened. It's far too late now. What a weird episode this Chinese nonsense has been.
Much like how in '07, Champ Car used Jan Heylan to advertise the race at Zolder.

With the circuit just being introduced, and only a few months before the race, unless their plan is to do the hyper-quick Chinese construction method of building things, I think this race is doomed. Even if it gets going, I think it'll be more A1GP and even what DTM and Superleague went through.

Too bad, open wheel racing has been given ****-poor promoters in the past from Zhuhai, as I think that track at least has some stability. Well, being mostly because it is a permanent circuit.

Still should have stuck with Japan. Even if Motegi wasn't going to work, other circuits would have worked. Autopolis meets the credentials of what the FIA would allow for an IndyCar race. Same with Okayama. And with Honda, and Sato, I couldn't see why not?