View Single Post
Old 19 Nov 2015, 13:12 (Ref:3591485)   #6
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You may laugh all you want, but when certain LMP3s might get turned out because of some silly low number out of convenience, it is gonna suck to the involved parties as well.

You have seen the ELMS P3 projections for example? What if most of them not only materialized, but also wanted to race here? Entire program could be centered around that support race and getting there. Then theres the ASLMS, and the possible sprint series, and the other non ACO series (though ACO has already said no to them I think)

Thet could easily max it out, especially as I doubt Ferrari Challenge will reach 50 or possibly even 45 (didn't in 2013). In 2011 however, you had 63 entries in the Legends 1949-1965 race, and 50 in Ferrari Challenge.So it's no issue whatsoever acommodating such field.

Now one remaining question is whether ACO allows the LMP3s to actually win that race from GT3s. You know with the two being rather close in performance, and even more so if nothing is dumbed down for artificial gaps. It is the only ACO race in the world now after all which actually integrates non standardized visiting guest classes in it. Now you may so, 'well of course they will allow them win, P3 is their baby while GT3 is some filler in place of GT2'. But it is the biggest race of the season for this series and GT3s might moan for not being able to win it overall from outsidees... just like they have done when CNs and whatevers have ocassionally gone faster than them in other disciplines, imnediate bop outcry ensures from the babies...

So my hope is max grid with P3 in headline.