View Single Post
Old 24 Nov 2008, 11:45 (Ref:2340688)   #23
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA
Depending on when the ARDT 75s actually made their debut, I wonder how much of the running gear from both GTV6s was reused to build the 75s- There was certainly one GTV still active at the beginning of the '86 season, as they used it for the Donington ETCC round, presumably because the 75 wasn't ready (or homologated, bearing in mind that none of the Italian cars showed either?)
Had a look at the BTCC results I've got from 1986, and ARDT definitely started the season with a single GTV6 for Kirby at the opening round (plus the Donington ETCC outing), before the 75s appeared at the round 2- I think that might well fit with what chunterer said about Dooley's 75 being build up using parts from his GTV6...?

Looking at the '87 season results, Kirby missed a number of rounds from mid-season on, and even appeared at a couple of mid-season rounds with a 75 in V6 rather than turbo form- suggests they were having problems making the turbo work....