View Single Post
Old 14 Sep 2016, 15:10 (Ref:3672351)   #1
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
2016 FIA WEC 6 Hours of Circuit of the Americas aka Lone Star Le Mans

After J Jay's reminder (invitation?) I thought I wanted some of that evasive e-fame (woop woop!) for myself as well, so here is, without further delay, brought to you by sponsors tentenths.com and "coffee break (tm)", our WEC COTA race thread anchor.

So the FIA WEC is visiting one of the better tilkedromes (IMHO), which will throw itself at 6 P1-Hs (hi, Chiana),2 P1s, 10 P2s and 13 GTEs tagged as Pro and Am (again, hi, Chiana!) Note there's no official entry list up yet (on their own site, but look below for what they posted to twitter), but the one-off mexico entry in P2 seems gone, leaving us with 31 cars after Rebellion's cut expenses. Also with the IWTSCC running the same weekend, we'll see the seldom sight of all four Fords being at one track. Our residential Mike Hedlund will not be participating, but, conspiracy theories aside, not because WEC management is dumb as straw (for once?)

It's this beautiful track:

(full event map (FIA WEC))

Full timetable

Timeanddate conversion links:

For the visually dominated:

Entry list as posted to twitter:

Spotter Guide

Live timing

FRC 2016 - WEC Round 6: Lone Star Le Mans

Streaming* - Radio Le Mans (audio), FIA WEC (paywalled), there might be a non-geoblocked eurosport (german AND english, like for mexico?) stream available as well.

* more information will become available as time goes on. We hope.

Last edited by Ephaeton; 14 Sep 2016 at 15:28. Reason: found a better image on FIA WEC's twitter