View Single Post
Old 23 Mar 2007, 21:16 (Ref:1874776)   #1
trikesrule
Racer

trikesrule should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Leaf spring problem

Guys the Speedway team I'm with have purchased a 'Junior' car. It's a 80 Corolla with a 3k engine. I was laying under the car checking things out (some of the crap you see is amazing) and making notes of of possible areas to be immediately improved. So going to the back first (the car was up with blocks under the tyres and the shed floor is dead flat). The right rear leaf spring is virtually straight and the left rear leaf is bending the wrong way. Before we purchased this car I have watched this car spin spin spin and thought something amiss there and mused about it. Well the laughter is on the other foot now cause I have too fix her. Now the Rule Makers said NO to me cutting the floor and raising the hangers so I can have the springs reset and regain some suspension movement and they said NO to when I suggested lowering blocks. My intention was to retain the running heights it's set too as it's not far away. Everything must remain visually standard thats the bottom line. Sooo has anyone any fabulous suggestions or should I just reset the leaf springs and raise the rear put the car on the scales and possible raise the front as well.............trikes