View Single Post
Old 15 Jun 2008, 18:34 (Ref:2229587)   #8
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Believe it or not Terry, I honestly think that was the problem.

Weather wasn't too bad, dry yesterday and today, albeit very windy. Overall the same thing as yesterday, some of the races weren't too bad, but not enough cars.
Pre66 F1 were great, Juniors not too bad either, but more like: a car, 3 second gap, another car, 3 second gap...

The 100 mile race was marred after a few laps by a huge crash on the old start-finish; 2 German Porsche 911s tangled and caused a big mess. Oil, parts and debris everywhere, even one complete engine was found near the grandstand. Both drivers fortunately okay though, a bit shaken and stirred.

Another big one in the 4 hour on the Kemmel straight, again caused by two German drivers. Sounds a bit familiar, doesn't it?

Shaun Lynn (GT40) led from start to almost finish, crawled to a halt (empty tank ?) near Stavelot with a few hundred metres to go. From what we heard over the radio they still got the win (haven't checked RIS yet).
Great race as well by Hadfield and Delta (great to meet the man).

Overall not a bad weekend, but it seems it needs (more of) the 10-10ths gang.