View Single Post
Old 15 Sep 2010, 13:19 (Ref:2759794)   #1
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Eastern Creek + V8SA?

Various websites and magazines have reported on Eastern Creek and V8SA combining to hold a launch for the 2011 series along with hosting a combined test session next January.

This is quite an amazing change of events from heated exchanges of 2008 and V8SA's vow to 'never return to Eastern Creek'.

It appears the change in leadership in both camps (Matthews at ARDC and Whitaker at V8SA) are key factors in the new approach by both companies and credit must go to both parties for getting it to this point.

I do wonder though given the strong words over the past few years if this could be a backup plan from V8SA if Homesbush goes south with the inevitable change of government in NSW.

It is also very interesting to compare the varying outlooks & approaches from Cochrane and Whitaker regarding the return to Eastern Creek as shown below.

Tony Cochrane (extracts taken from Auto Action article by Mark Fogarty)
Quote:
Eastern Creek came to us and apologised for some of the behaviour of the previous board members and general managers
Quote:
I reacted to their harsh words
Quote:
The people that I was personally most disappointed in have either moved on and moved into much more minor positions
Martin Whitaker
http://www.speedcafe.com.au/2010/09/...-round-return/
Quote:
I think the test is a great initiative. When I came into the job, a lot of people said to me that they’d love us to be back at Eastern Creek. Homebush has been a massive success, but at the same time, Eastern Creek is a great venue and I’m glad we’re going back there
Will be interesting to see the ARDC's response to Cochrane's outlook also along with fellow ten - tenths members - do you feel V8SA over the past few years only reacted to ARDC baiting?

For example was the famous Chico Harlan article (http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-23770,00.html) just V8SA reacting to the ARDC's harsh words?