View Single Post
Old 25 Nov 2016, 16:19 (Ref:3690964)   #157
Robbe
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Robbe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honda and Volvo have confirmed that they enter a factory team.

Volvo confirmed 3 cars. Nothing is certain about the drivers so far. Dahlgren is hoping that he gets a contract. I would assume that Björk and Girolami are more likely candidates though.

Honda didn't say how many cars, but I think it will be 3. I read a rumour somewhere that it will be Monteiro, Michelisz and a Japanese driver (Michigami?), but then a german page also reported they will keep their current 3 drivers.

As for the privateers, Sebastien Loeb Racing is gonna continue with Citroen. Bennani said in an interview a while back that he wants a factory contract or he might leave WTCC. Don't think he will get a factory deal, but he has the backing so I wouldn't rule him out. Chilton said in an interview that WTCC is one of 3 options for him.
ROAL and Tom Coronel are looking at buying a Citroen as well, if it is financially possible.
Zengö wants to continue with Honda, ideally with 2 cars.

Then there is Josh Files, who would most likely drive a Honda. But for Zengö? I don't think so, cause they usually have only Hungarian drivers. Or will Target enter WTCC? Or a 4th JAS car?
Esteban Guerrieri is also trying to put together a WTCC program, maybe part-time.

Tarquini and Catsburg had a LADA contract and are now out of contract. Catsburg is also a BMW driver so I think he's gone. Somehow I won't rule out Tarquini just yet, he might put something together (I hope Volvo ). For Valente there was a TCR rumour.

No news from Campos or Münnich, and I haven't heard from new teams either.