View Single Post
Old 1 Jun 2000, 07:38 (Ref:2760)   #21
SoichiroHonda
Rookie

SoichiroHonda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I personally love the look of ST cars. It was love at first sight for me. When I saw the SP cars for the first time I was unimpressed. I see racier looking cars on the streets of So.Cal. When Speedvision showed the first round of the 2000 BTCC season, I was glad they didn't give the weak looking SP cars any coverage. I'm glad BMP has decided not to go with SP rules next season, even though I lament their decision to change formats at all. But if they must, I'm glad they will be keeping the wings and spoilers, even if only for cosmetic reasons. I like racers that look like racers first, road cars second.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sparky:

I think they're good. My only gripe is that they might allow front wheel arches to be modified. The wheels are 17in, the cars probably won't be as low (on road-derived suspension) so why bother?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I drive a '93 Honda Civic that I've made to resemble a ST car. I was inspired when I saw the Civic sedans running in the 95 JTCC. But I digress. My Civ rolls on 17 x 7 Team Dynamics rims. It has an anjustable coil-over suspenion set up that allows for a drop of 4". My car sits right now a little over 2" below stock height (any lower and the front spoiler would make driveways very difficult) and under hard turning, the tires sometimes rub the edge of the fender. I've dropped my car even further, but turning became impossible. It is a common practice around here for those with 17" wheels and larger to go have their front fenders rolled to allow for greater clearance. Mind you this is neccesary even riding at 2" inches below stock, with all suspension components (other than springs/shocks) remaining stock.